Using your umbrella at the beach:
- Make sure the lower pole is secured at least 35cm deep in the sand.
- To angle the canopy, hold on to the upper pole before unlocking the hinge. To unlock the hinge, turn the dial anti-clockwise as far as possible.
- Let the upper pole rotate to the desired position. It is recommended to not exceed an angle of 45 degrees. Always try to tilt the umbrella into the wind as this will minimise the chance of it lifting out of the sand.
- To lock the hinge, rotate the dial clockwise until the vertical grip is parallel to the lower pole. The Basil Hinge should feel easy to lock and unlock. If jammed, do not force the hinge to close as it may cause damage.
- Taking an umbrella to the beach is your responsibility. In gusty conditions we recommend lowering the umbrella to prevent any risk of it flying away.
Using your umbrella at home:
- We recommend securing your umbrella in a base. For freestanding umbrellas we recommend the 25kg Basil Base, and the 14kg Standard Base for table settings.
- In gusty conditions we recommend lowering the umbrella to prevent any risk of it flying away.
- Store your umbrella in a protective cover when not in use to extend its life and minimise wear and tear.